Just before I left to go to the United States to visit family, I finished the Christmas stockings for my family of four I was making out of the Twister tool. After making all of the panels shown in the previous post, I ended up quilting it to a piece of batting. Small projects like these are great for using scrap batting. I even ended up using some batting tape to adhere two pieces together to make it big enough. After quilting, I used a rotary cutter to cut out the stocking shapes based on the pattern piece.
Here’s my finished stack of backs and fronts.
The stockings end up being fully lined. Fancy!
Ready for the cuff:
My stack of finished stockings! I’m planning on learning how to embroider so I can put our names on the cuffs. I left off the pinwheel for the cuff to be able to do this. I wouldn’t have been able to embroider my son’s names–too many letters!
I’m very pleased with how this turned out.