Making a Dress

My husband and I have a few weddings to attend in the next few months.  Our first wedding, is this upcoming weekend.

I’ve had problems finding some lovely dresses here in the area that fit well, so I decided to make one!

At the 2015 Knitting and Stitching show in London, I purchased the Rose dress by Sew La Di Da Vintage.  I’ve been waiting for the perfect time to stitch it up, and when I purchased this fabric from this year’s Knitting and Stitching show, I knew I had a winner.


I’ve had issues with it though, as it has been STINKY.  I think this is due to the fact that it’s vintage, but I had to do a ton of washing and line drying to air it out to a tolerable state.

I showed you in my last post the toile I made:


Details of the dress include princess seams and box pleats.

Over the last few weeks, I’ve made the dress:


All that’s left is the hem to stitch and I’m DONE!  I’ll post more photos from this weekend at our first wedding!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s